Are you a dynamic and technically strong qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA practice accountant? Want to be part of a fast growing business that supports fast growth tech startups? It is our growth that has lead us to open the door for new talent to join us.
If so, come and work with ihorizon as we help build London’s tech eco-system as the go-to firm for accounting and finance solutions.
We engage with all of the community focusing on being a fun and easy team to deal with. We have a great base of interesting, innovative clients, and need our staff to be passionate about the industry and helping to build successful businesses. We pride ourselves with using the latest platforms and technology in our business.
We move fast here at ihorizon and so applicants need to have a minimum 5 to 6 years previous experience of working in a UK firm of accountants, ideally a smaller firm where a wide range of skills were needed or leading a finance team in industry. The ability to lead, manage and make decisions are crucial to our success.
As a finance manager you will have a robust technical knowledge of all aspects of accounting - including management accounts, VAT, payroll, year end compliance and advisory issues suitable to growth businesses. You will have been responsible for technical accounting delivery and making critical business decisions. Good managers lead by example and inspire their team - you will oversee a group of delivery teams, each with a team of 2/3 staff who are beginning, partway through their qualifications or newly qualified team leaders. You will be excellent at time management, prioritising work flow, leading from the front and will take responsibility for overseeing all client requirements of your teams from a Manager stand point. You will impact the whole business through quality of work, strong client relationships, company decision making, best practice and leading by example. You will contribute to the growth of the firm by being part of ihorizon's management team and will be heard and valued as a key member of the team.
- ACCA / CIMA / ACA qualified with minimum 5 to 6 years practice experience.
- Experience of accounting using FRS102 for small entities.
- Experience leading teams
- Experience of managing and building strong client relationships
- Ability to make technical and commercial decisions
- Excellent IT skills including Xero and Excel
- Ability to lead teams and inspire junior staff
- Ability to report comfortably to Directors and the Executive team
- Delegate workload, ensure timely delivery of work and meet company KPI’s.
- Self-motivated with a drive to achieve and a passion to deliver top quality work
- Excellent time management, organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills - in person and written
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Experience of working with start-up companies and/or SME’s
- An interest in the technology industry
- Outgoing and sociable.
If you would like to apply, please continue to our application form here